If you say it, you will think it.
If you think it, you will believe it.
If you believe it, you will make it so.
Your thoughts create your reality. Be careful what you say, you just might have to live with it forever.
I love to attend Leadership seminars! I find that they are great resources for stretching my mind. I attended one recently where the keynote speakers were a young couple named MacNamara. Here are a few of the nuggets I picked up. I hope they help you stretch your thinking!
- Curiosity is the cure for boredom.
- 95% of your success and failure is a reflection of whom you associate with.
- Don’t listen to those who do not have the results you want.
- Every problem introduces the person to her.
- It is hard to improve when you have no one but yourself
- To know the road ahead, ask those who are coming back to guide those coming along.
- Applied knowledge equals wisdom.
- Great things happen when we stop seeing ourselves as a gift to others and see others as a gift to us.
- Leaders encourage 90% of the time and correct only 10% of the time. People already know what they are doing wrong.
- If you aren’t doing something with your life, it doesn’t matter how long you live.
- Focus on self-development, not self-fulfillment. Becoming the best version of your self is the goal.
- Leaders never arrive. They are always stretching and growing.
- The people who start the journey with you may not finish with you. Their journey is not yours.
- Small choices lead to big habits.
- If you are truthful with yourself, you know you can do better than you are currently.
- If you miss a personal goal, don’t change the goal. Change the target date.
- A parent’s life is a child’s handbook.
- Don’t worry about whether or not your child is listening to you. Worry about whether or not your child is copying you.
- Don’t make promises when you are happy or decisions when you are angry.
- Debt is selling the future to live in the present.
- Big wins start with small ones.
- Detect the lies you tell yourself. Find the ones that are holding you back.